VaroTeam, is a fast-growing accounting, bookkeeping, CFO, and tax startup headquartered in Miami with an office in NYC and serving members nationally. We are not your “traditional” accounting firm. VaroTeam leads the future of accounting by providing our members a seamless solution for a fully outsourced accounting, tax, and finance service all within one team.
Our mission is to prepare our clients for takeoff and live their business dreams. Did you know “Varo” is the Italian word for launch and was chosen because it is our mission to prepare our clients to launch their business to the next level.
Due to demand to grow this service offering we require a Director of Tax to build, manage and grow our Tax Department while servicing our broad small to mid-size client base. This role is a great opportunity to build your own team and have a huge impact in a growing firm.
This role requires a highly organized person who handles complex issues with ease, can think outside of the box for clients and wants to take the next step in their career.
In this role you will need take ownership of:
- Preparing and filing of all tax returns including but not limited to individuals, partnerships, corporations, and non-profits
- Complete special projects and tax planning meetings
- Maintain an understanding of accounting concepts, tax law changes, principles, and technology and make sound decisions and recommendations based on that understanding
- Demonstrate expert knowledge to implement new strategies to growing member files
- Provide support, training, mentoring and development to reporting staff on an ongoing basis to ensure department performs at a maximum performance level
The boxes you must tick:
- 7+ years tax experience at a CPA firm
- experience with mergers and acquisitions
- experience specifically with early-stage start-ups and multi-national corporations
- relevant knowledge of tax accounting, tax compliance and all types of tax filing process
- a strong technical tax background that enables you to evaluate, develop, and lead the implementation of tax strategies
- ability to understand and communicate technical tax issues clearly to non-tax team members and work effectively across all functional teams
- leadership and personnel management skills
- R & D tax credit experience and/or international tax experience is highly desired but not essential
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
We take care of our people by providing:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (employee benefits paid 100% by the business)
- Paid time off (Year 1): 10 Days (increased to unlimited at one-year anniversary)
- 401(K) Plan with Matching
This is an exciting opportunity to build your own department within a business that doubled during the pandemic! If this sounds like your next step, please address your application together with a cover letter to Sel Watts via email email@example.com, telephone enquiries are welcome on 347 905 8559