Eco-Essence Homes is a Residential Design and Construct founded in 2010. Since then they have won multiple awards across several categories at regional, state and national level recognising them as leaders in delivering environmentally friendly residential homes.
They are experts in designing and building residential sustainable homes, with the work being predominately new builds, both infill and new estates.
The main operation is run from a brand-new custom-built office & Showroom in the Northern Rivers Region with a building zone covering Grafton to Brisbane.
Their culture is family orientated and they believe in integrating work and life. They value mutual trust, respect, fun, energy and an enjoyable working environment that is based on collaboration and high performance.
The two Founders have a big vision and want to focus on the strategy and growth of the business in 2022, to ensure the company values, mission and client experience are maintained. This has created a unique opportunity for an operational General Manager who can sit between them and the team. Someone who has a proven track record as a General Manager within a multimillion-dollar residential construction company and has outstanding business acumen. You will be responsible for managing the whole business operations from finance to project management and drive the business through the next phase of growth.
- Manage the business from a day-to-day perspective
- Deliver on the Founders strategy
- Work closely with the current managers and teams across the different departments of the business
- Communicate, provide mentorship and develop the current managers
- Manage escalations with suppliers, trades and subcontractors across multiple sites and projects to achieve high quality outcomes
- Manage escalations with suppliers, customers and subcontractors to ensure that the company continues to build strong, long-term and professional relationships
- Implement and continually improve on the current systems and processes to ensure a quality product and efficient build and handover process.
- Report to the business Founders on resourcing, projects, escalations, and areas for improvement
- Provide input on strategy to best deliver the company objectives
- To deliver on time, on budget, quality eco-builds that offer the industries number 1 client experience!
Key attributes and experience:
- Proven track record as General Manager within a company with revenue exceeding $15m
- At least 10 years across building and hands on residential construction
- An estimation or project management pathway into General or Operations Management is advantageous
- Project managing multiple residential custom build homes
- Managing teams across multiple sites and differing stages of the design and build process
- Demonstrable blue and white collar, people management skills
- Well-developed Project Management skills and the ability to read and write Gantt charts across multiple projects
- Understanding of estimation, project management building approvals and customer satisfaction
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in building and managing relationships at all levels
- Analytical and detailed orientated
- Experience with land acquisition is advantageous
- Eco-home or boutique residential background is a bonus and highly valued
This role is a wonderful opportunity for an energetic and commercially astute General Manager who is passionate about sustainable builds and who thrives on creating high performing teams. If you are looking to take the next challenge in your career and want to make a change in 2022 and feel that you have the skills and abilities to join an energetic and committed team, please apply now.