Do you want to lead a place where rich industrial history meets a world of spectacular landscapes? Do you have a vision for the future and passion for the environment and the Tasmanian ecosystem? Then read on!
About SPRING BAY MILL:
Spring Bay Mill is no ordinary events venue, with a state-of-the-art event facilities on a spectacular site close to nature on Tassie’s East Coast.
Once home to the world’s largest wood chip mill and built on the unceded lands of the paredarerme people, this 43-hectare waterfront site is now managed by a bunch of provocateurs intent on charting a sustainable path. We’ve restored rusting industrial buildings into unique spaces to house events: intimate or spectacular. We’re regenerating the natural landscape and growing wholesome, healthy food. We have a range of onsite accommodation and an in-house chef creating garden-to-plate goodness from our own organic gardens. All for the purpose of reviving this once destructive site through the restorative powers of nature. And hopefully changing the world a little as we go. The Spring Bay Mill business is purpose driven, connecting locally and globally with leaders and like-minded companies and organisations. Not just a home for events, but a place for big ideas to flourish!
Our team is made up of adventurers, storytellers, horticulturists and the odd provocateur.
This General Manager role is unique and requires enthusiasm, commercial acumen and creative thinking.
Playing a pivotal role in developing and implementing the strategy to attract local and international clients to our event driven waterfront site. You will be genuinely passionate about changing the world for the better, while charting a sustainable path to growth and profitability.
The successful candidate will drive the commercial performance of the business by being a strategic forward thinker and using your team leadership and management experience to its fullest.
- Deliver the Board’s vision for Spring Bay Mill
- Manage daily operations of the business and provide necessary direction to achieve objectives and increase profit
- Oversee the winning, operations, planning and budget of key events
- Manage costs, revenue targets and financial performance
- Effectively prioritise competing demands between clients and staff
- Manage workflow and work collaboratively with the team and direct them as required
- Provide leadership and direction to the team
- Regularly and accurately report to and communicate with the Board
Key Skills, Experience and Attributes:
- At least 5 years of General Management experience in tourism and hospitality
- Hands-on approach with strong leadership skills and the ability to successfully train, guide and mentor staff
- Proven record of delivering a high level of customer satisfaction
- Ability to collate and present data for use in a business context
- High-level of commercial acumen
- A love of the environment, the arts and having fun highly desirable!
We understand your skills, knowledge, attitude and experience will be rare, and we will negotiate to ensure you are adequately remunerated. Relocation assistance will be considered.
Tell us what sets you apart when applying for this exciting leadership position, don’t forget to include a cover letter telling us why you would thrive in this truly unique role and your most recent resume.