Bus 4×4 Group is an Australian owned and operated 4×4 conversion company and bus body builder.
They have provided quality and reliable 4×4 buses for the past 8 years to the mining, resources and remote community sectors.
With significant investments in Research and Development they have been growing significantly each year and will be soon expanding their premises.
As they grow, they are looking for a committed and experienced Procurement and Stores Officer to join their team and take ownership of the procurement and store supervision function. This busy full-time role will be based at the Rocklea Head office, reporting to the General Manager and working closely with the Production Manager.
- Manage the day to day parts procurement requirements
- Coordinate price negotiation with suppliers and freight in conjunction with the General Manager
- Manage annual stocktake, weekly counts and stock forecasting
- Supervise the store staff to ensure inwards and outwards goods are managed appropriately and shipments go smoothly
- Manage their CRM system (Fishbowl)
- Provide advice to the General Manager about store layout in the new premises
Key skills, experience and attributes:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role managing the procurement function and store and manufacturing people
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with a diverse range of people
- Demonstrated ability to use computerised Purchasing and Inventory Management Software Systems (knowledge of Fishbowl would be highly advantageous)
- Intermediate Word, Excel and Outlook skills
- Manufacturing industry experience highly advantageous
- Physically fit and able
- Background in vehicle manufacturing or parts management an advantage
- Mechanical knowledge and interest would be beneficial
- Current driver’s and forklift licence
Please note that you may be requested to provide a current police check and undertake a pre-employment on the job medical, drug, and alcohol screening.
This role is a wonderful opportunity for an energetic Procurement and Stores Officer who thrives in a busy and fulfilling environment. If you are looking to take the next challenge in your career and feel that you have the skills and abilities to join a passionate and committed team, please apply now.