About the company
ARMIA is a community-based non-profit organisation, which provides holistic support for new Australians and other less advantaged Australians. ARMIA is committed to supporting the Refugee & Migrant Community and providing them with relevant knowledge and skills to enable them to integrate sustainably into the Australian society.
ARMIA is also a registered NDIS provider and are currently looking for an experienced full-time social worker/ NDIS support coordinator with an immediate start, where you will be responsible for providing participants with all services they are eligible for in their NDIS package.
- Helping participant/s use their NDIS plan to achieve their goals, live more independently, increase their skills, and be included in their community and employment.
- Connecting participant/s to the right allied health supports for instance: OTs, Physiologists, Psychologists, Nurses, Dietitians…
- Coordinating the services and timely write ad hoc reports to NDIS, with consultation with the NDIS Coordinator. It is crucial to constantly look at the budget allocated to participant/s for support coordination and use it adequately
- Assisting participant/s to take over some case coordinator function/s over time, and to teach them how to request for things they need.
Key skills, experience and attributes:
- Tertiary qualifications in social work, Aged Care, Home and Community Care or Personal and Disability Care or equivalent.
- Advanced knowledge of the NDIS Framework
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Current Full Driver’s License and suitable transport;
- Current Police Certificate;
- Advanced computer skills
- Team management experience would be an advantage
If you are looking to take the next challenge in your career and feel that you have the skills and abilities to join a passionate and committed team, please apply now.